Top Menu

Celebrating Our First Anniversary


Our first anniversary was low key, but so sweet. We had spent the weekend in Boston celebrating our friends’ wedding and had decided not to “go out” to celebrate as we both had nutty weeks and needed to get ready for our honeymoon. So, we decided to stay in for the night and celebrate....I decided to try and re-create part of our wedding meal: my favorite salad from the club (I added Gorgonzola cheese as that is how the club makes it, but it wasn't included in the actual wedding meal), baked salmon, and asparagus. For the salmon, I made my own recipe and wrapped the salmon in parchment paper to keep the theme of paper (you are suppose to get your spouse a paper themed gift). The salmon came out fabulous and the meal was really special (see below for recipes). 
Table set for dinner...nice dorm furniture!
 Salmon just out of the oven wrapped in parchment paper
Delicious salmon!   

As for a gift, I spent a few months trying to decide what I would get Tyler. I wanted to keep with the tradition of getting him something paper themed and wanted to be a little original, which is tough! After a lot of back and forth, I settled on trying to find the San Francisco Chronicle paper the day after the Giants won the World Series.  Tyler has a love for the Giants and also wants to collect sports memorabilia with the hopes that one day, he will have a man cave to display his collection. So, I emailed the San Francisco Chronicle hoping I could get my fingers on the paper; however, they didn’t respond to me for a few weeks. I’m slightly impatient and decided to try another route…eBay. I managed to find one seller with the last copy of the paper I wanted. Within a few short days, I received the paper and took it to get framed at Michaels. Michaels did a great job framing the paper and were even able to get the crease out of the middle! 
Tyler absolutely LOVED the present….I also included two other paper themed gifts: a book and tickets to a concert in September. Tyler of course went above and beyond what I could have imagined and bought me the most beautiful diamond earrings…I’m a very lucky girl! Our parents were also very sweet and sent us flowers and a nice gift card...so sweet :) 
We finished our quiet evening with our weddingcake and called it a night.

Baked Salmon in Parchment Paper
Ingredients (for two people)
  • 1 pound salmon filet
  • 2 lemons
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons of dried basil
  • Salt and pepper
  • Parchment Paper and cooking spray
Directions
  1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut parchment papers into two large squares and spray with cooking oil. Slice 1 lemon into thin slices.
  2. Cut the salmon into two filets. Brush the salmon filets with olive oil, sprinkle the basil and salt and pepper.
  3. Take the 4-5 lemon slices and place on parchment paper. Place the salmon filets skin side down on the lemon slices. Cut the second lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice over salmon. Repeat with the second filet.
  4. Wrap the filets up like presents leaving the seam of the parchment paper pan side down. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Butter Lettuce with Candied Pecans, Cherry Tomatoes, and Gorgonzola Cheese 
Ingredients
  • Head of butter lettuce
  • 15 cherry tomatoes sliced 
  • Candied Pecans (1/2 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, and 1 egg white. Roll 1 cup of pecans in egg whites and drain excess. In another small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar and then roll the pecans in the mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 until the pecans are crystallized. )
  • 1/4 cup of gorgonzola cheese
  • 1.5 tablespoons of Champagne vinagrette dressing

Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together and serve!

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates